14 October 2016, the Ministry of information policy of Ukraine initiates an exhibition “Defender of Ukraine” at 11:00 a.m. in the city center of Kyiv.
The exhibition shows the true picture of war – a war without embellishment by the eyes of the witnesses, the stories of veterans, who returned to civilian life and the heroes who gave their lives for the independence of Ukraine.
Grand opening of the exhibition “Protector of Ukraine” to the Day of defender of Ukraine will be held ( at11:00 a.m.) with the participation of the Minister of information policy of Ukraine Yurii Stets and the Deputy Minister of defense of Ukraine Oleksandr Dublian.
In addition, there will take place a special ceremony of signing of marked artistic envelopes of series “Heroes do not die”, released in honor of the participants of ATO, who were posthumously awarded the honorary title of Hero of Ukraine;
The exhibition will be participated by the cadets of the Military Institute of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, who will present motivational flyers “Become a student of one of the best military schools of Ukraine”, as well as a film about a military graduate who is a knight of the Order of Bohdan Khmelnytsky and ATO soldier. Also, an information desk about the task of the Military Institute of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv will be presented;
The event will be attended by the ATO veterans, who will read poems and sing war songs.
The exhibition includes:
– Exhibition “My army. To see with your heart” is a documentary photo story (100 photo exhibits) about the second birth of the Ukrainian army in a form of photographs by the witnesses of the Russian-Ukrainian hybrid war in the Eastern Ukraine;
– Presentation of the documentary of 2016 “The Return”;
– Stand with art envelopes of series “Heroes do not die”, released in honor of the ATO participants, who were posthumously awarded the honorary title of Hero of Ukraine;
– Presentation of the book “Bowing low to the Ukrainian soldier” and a celebratory issue of the newspaper “People’s Army” to the Day of defender of Ukraine;
– Presentation of the Ukrainian philatelic products which is dedicated to the brave Ukrainian defenders;
– Presentation of Souvenirs (shells, medals) and book products by the ATO veterans, who will read poems and tell stories from the military zone.
The exhibition also will present a photo zone that illustrates the atmosphere of war.
And for visitors will be equipped with mini-cinema, which will go to the segments of these films and videos.
The Ministry of information policy is aware of a problem that information space is full of information about events in the East of Ukraine, which do not always reflect the truth. MIP aims to convey a holistic picture of events on the front line through this exhibition “Defender of Ukraine”. Every visitor will be able to see and to feel the atmosphere of ATO zone, which is all about heroism and courage of our soldiers.
The Ministry of information policy invites state and public organizations, mass media to support the projects that will be presented during the exhibition “Defender of Ukraine”.
The Ministry of defense of Ukraine, Kyiv city state administration, NGO “Internews-Ukraine”, the newspaper “People’s Army”, NGO “StratComUA”, the Military Institute of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, NGO Ukrainian Association of ATO invalids, the Ukrainian state enterprise of posts “Ukrposhta” , the Student Council under MIP.
The event will be held with the support of the shopping center Globus and creative support of the Agency Smart Family Forum.
Venue: 3rd line, Globus shopping center, 1st floor at the main entrance, the left wing.
Media accreditation is available by phone (097) 888-63-86, [email protected]